Application Center for Plasma and Photonics of the Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films
The Application Center for Plasma and Photonics of the Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Filmss in Goettingen, Germany, is a cooperation of the Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films IST and the HAWK University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology. The Application Center sees itself as an expert partner in application oriented contract research for SME and industry partners in the fields of plasma technology and photonics.
Our range of services includes scientific work from feasibility studies to the treatment of different surfaces and materials with atmospheric pressure plasmas as well as the development and manufacturing of plasma components, electric suppliers and complete test facilities.
The application center has a close focus on the working fields:
- Laser Plasma Hybrid Technology: optics, metals
- Plasma modification of wood and wood-based materials: renewable raw materials (wood, seeds), glasses, metals, silicates (wire products, films, wafers) as well as plastics and fibers (films, molded parts, textiles, carbon-fiber-reinforced polymers)
- Plasma in life sciences: plasma medicine, plasma in bio engineering, pest control and parasite prevention
- Plasma source development, components (such as electric power supplies, generators), handsets and complete devices
- Plasma characteristics: analysis and diagnostics
- Photonics: laser technology, sensor technolgy, laser diagnostic
The application center ist located in a new research building in Goettingen at the HAWK-N an offers highly equipped laboratories, techniques and offices at its disposal.
Application Center for Plasma and Photonics of the
Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films
Prof. apl. Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Vioel (Director)
Tel.: +49 (0) 551 / 3705-218
Dr. Bernd Schieche (Innovationsmanager)
Tel.: +49 (0) 551 / 3705-219